Saturday, October 25, 2008

Amy Grant....still good after all these years


Thursday evening I took a walk down memory lane with my husband and another couple. We drove to Morgan Hill to see Amy Grant in her 20 city tour of the Lean Me On reunion, celebrating the release of that album (it might have still been an album back then!) 20 years ago. Amazing!
There were some sweet moments, a lot of tunes I'd not listened to in ages and a real jolt of reality that like it or not, I've actually gotten older.

She kept joking about the fact that people continually come up to her and say that they like her music, but they really like her "old stuff." She talked about us being the kind of audience that now wants to just come in, sit down, relax and watch someone sing....no more jumping up and dancing and singing and so on. It's so hard to believe that we're the ones we used to call "older." That's me now! Why should this surprise me when one daughter just drove out the driveway to attend her homecoming dance and the other is at a friend's house getting ready for the same party. 20 years ago, those children weren't even born yet!!!!!

On the other hand, last week I had a young woman who is in seminary and in her mid-twenties, drop her jaw when I said I was 49 years old and later on she said I was a rock star! So, this getting older stuff isn't all bad....maybe I'm also still pretty good after all these years ;-)

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Are you kidding? you may be "older", but you're not "old" ! :) I was so thankful for your willingness to jump up and dance, clap and sing along....wouldn't have been an Amy Grant concert without at least a little of that. :) That's what I love...seeing everyone celebrate Gods love for all of us....even as we get older! :) Till the next tour...

Merrie said...

I was at the same concert! Wasn't it great? I heard a young woman afterwards say, "But she didn't play Baby Baby!" LOL Yeah, that's not "old."

Glad you had fun! My review is on my blog with pics and all.