Friday, November 28, 2008

thankfulness


I generally detest holidays that set aside one day to do the things that we should do all year long, like be thankful, celebrate the religious traditions that are uniquely ours, honor our parents, etc. However, if we allow ourselves the opportunity, we can be reminded of how we can live our lives in a celebratory, thankful and honoring manner all year long. So, allow me to add to my list the things for which I am really thankful, and those for which I feel guilty for offering thanks!

First, the real ones:
Family
Friends
Faith
Shelter
Clothing
Food
Spontaneity
Work
Church
Children
Life itself
Husband
Fuyu persimmons
Yosemite
Education
Books


Now the ones that make me feel a bit guilty and self-indulgent:
The internet
Peet's coffee
NFL
Major League Baseball
Cute handbags
Gourmet Cheese
Wine
Office supplies
Christmas music
An afternoon alone at the movies
Jesus Bling (my cross collection)
Days to lounge around in my pajamas

No comments: