Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mission Trip to Campbell Farms

On Saturday morning at 7 am, I will depart from Lafayette with the youth group and their advisors from Lafayette Orinda Presbyterian Church.  3 of the other members of this mission delegation are my family (husband David and daughters Allison and Shannon).  I did a mental calculation and figured that between the 4 of us, we’ve done nearly 30 mission trips in the US, Mexico and Latin America, but never has that trip been with all 4 of us present.  So, this is a first.  It will be Allison’s last as a high school student.  We are going to Wapato, WA to Campbell Farms, a Native American reservation that is a working farm (entirely self sustaining). http://www.winbeam.com/~campbellfarm/

I hope to be able to provide some photos and other reflections from the week.  But first, I have to get my head around packing!  Right now my main prayer is that the heat wave of the Northwest subsides and that my heart is open and my hands willing to serve. 

No comments: