Saturday, July 18, 2009

saying goodbye

It's hard work to say goodbye and today, we do so as a church community. We bid farewell to a beloved pastor, loving sister and aunt, devoted colleague and friend to many, The Rev. Linda Ellen Regan. As a pastor at the church we she served and where she is the Pastor Emerita, I feel overwhelmed with that nagging feeling that I am not up to the task of helping others say goodbye. So much loss, so much grief, so much pain....what can I say? What can I do? I know it's not about me, but as a human being, I have the capacity to make it so. I must trust God to see me and the community through this time.

Linda's own Statement of Faith says, "Through grace: God's unconditional, undeserved, unearned love, I believe...." So I shall stand and claim that grace for myself and all others, for nothing, no nothing, can separate us from God's love.

No comments: