Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hound of Heaven

Sometimes I am simply haunted by images, people or events in my life. Yesterday I had one of those moments. I was walking with a church member down a busy street in Clayton (okay, I know, some of you think that Clayton is not all that busy) but anyway, it was about 7:15 am and we rounded a curve and saw a young boy walking in the middle of the street next to the median strip. We were concerned for his safety and asked him to come over to the sidewalk. He did and kept walking away from us in the opposite direction. About 5 minutes later the boy returned, running up behind us and asked us what time it was. By now it was 7:20, and then he asked us "Do you know where Diablo View school is?" Now Diablo is the middle school in town and by the young boy's size, I'm guessing it was his first day in this school. He's walking, a long way from the school, doesn't know where it is, exactly and we tried our best to direct him and hoped and prayed for the rest of our walk that he made it and he made it on time. Wow! What do I do with that? What should the church be doing about that? If anyone reads this and has some suggestions, please let me know!

No comments: