Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Angel Cards - Day 5 Openness

A friend of mine suggested that I pull one of these angel cards in the morning so that I can carry the word with me throughout the day and write about where I saw or felt or experienced this word. I am not certain I am that smart or aware or articulate. I'm not even sure what openness looks like.

I do have this notion that openness is not singular. I think it doesn't occur in one person. In order for me to experience openness, there has to be some other person, being, or spirit that is reciprocating openness. However, I can't be aware of what is going on around me, within me or through me if I'm closed. This reminds me of the concept of the Trinity. Open and self giving. Love that always has an open seat at the table. The dancing circle that is always open for one more person to join the dance. Always. There is no way to close the circle.

Today I had breakfast with a friend who is going through a rough time. I hope I offered her openness and that the table we shared was love and there was room for others to sit, to speak and to dance.

No comments: