Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the holidays are upon me


Literally, I feel as if it is crushing me. This is the time of year when we feel ourselves trying to keep pace with advertisements, shopping schedules, costco lines, shipping stores, etc. The spirit of the season seems all but lost to me. Is it any wonder so many of us are sick or just generally dragging during this time of year. I want to stop. I don't want to decorate my whole house or fill my cart with gifts that none of us really need, and I really, really, really don't want to eat and drink myself into oblivion. This is sooooo hard! All the yummy goods, special meals, festive occasions. I MUST think of other ways to celebrate. Well, as a pastor, that shouldn't be too hard, right? ho ho ho....Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

SK said...

Hm... try unemployment. No money to buy gifts. It has certainly simplified my life this year! I'm not buying a tree to decorate either. (I grew up with a very ugly fake tree, so I really like to get a fresh tree at Christmas! But not this year.)

The food thing is hard, though. For awhile, with the encouragement of seeing how you did on your diet, I greatly reduced my sugar/white flour intake. But those Christmas cookies get me every time... sigh. This week is going to be tough. Poor me, I have three parties to attend, and not enough will power. "God, grant me the strength... Oh, and I could use a few more hours in each day so that I have time to exercise!" :)