Friday, October 9, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 1


So, maybe this is just what it will take for me to write more regularly. I've just started a program that was recommended to me by a friend. It's called Metabolic Edge. It is a combination of very basic foods (organic lean meats, limited starchy veggies, low sugar fruits, unlimited leafy greens and other non-starchy veggies, etc), protein shakes and other products from Figure 8 by Arbonne, and a paleo cleanse product that is used after day 7 and increases to a 4 day liquid only and then reverses the trend til the end of the 28 days. It's about gratitude, doing what is good for my body, understanding what foods I may actually be allergic to, and personally, trying to spend less time focusing on food and more time focusing on God. They say when you're hungry, think drink not food (non-alcoholic, mind you). I'm adding think God. The way I look food, I can only imagine I'm going to have a LOT of God time!!!!
My plan is to blog daily and to reflect upon my changing relationship to food and to God.

P.S. I appreciate people's thoughts and concerns. I do not believe this is a program that compromises my health.

2 comments:

SK said...

Best of luck to you, Gail! I'll be interested in following this "journey" with you. :)

The Ambiguous Frog said...

This is going to be a most interesting journey. I am greatful that you can allow us to come along.

When all is said and done, it will probably make an inspiring spiritual book!
I can't wait for your next entry!