Wednesday, October 14, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 6

So, today I hit a wall. I must admit, I'm a carbohydrate addict. I wanted sugar so badly today. Like a smoker who goes searching all the drawers for a cigarette when trying to quit, I was looking all over my office for something sweet. Rats! I found something. The seasonal sugary item: Candy Corn. I love those little orange, yellow and white confections. I can't explain it either. Okay, so before you become completely overcome with sympathy or disappointment, I only ate 5 of them. Then I stopped and realized that I'm only hurting myself. Put those dreadful little temptations out of sight and went about my day.

I think it is sort of ironic that I am preparing for a Women's Retreat in January that is entitled Soul Food: The Spirituality of Eating. It's about gratitude, justice, hospitality and celebration/feasting. I talk a bit about fasting as well. So, while I am changing my ways, I'm reading books and watching films about food. What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment!

1 comment:

SK said...

You never really realize how addicting sugar is until you try to take yourself off it! Good for you for stopping after only 5 candy corns. Sometimes, a little something like that will help you over a rough spot. Then, you get back on the diet and keep going!

Fortunately, your 28 days will be over before the holidays hit. But maybe by then, you will have exercised your will power so much that you will be able to resist a lot of the holiday goodies!

I hope you are recovering from your cold by now. :)