Saturday, October 17, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 9


I like the fact that I'm almost to double digits. So, I tried the quinoa cereal with the paleo cleanse. No go. Seriously, I choked down 4 bites and couldn't do the rest. I think cleansing is a good idea, but I'm convinced that God did not want us to eat nasty tasting stuff. There's just too much really good stuff to eat to have that make sense to me. Brown rice was with steamed zucchini slices and some prawns scattered on top. Healthy, hearty, now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I am really considering what to do about the cleanse powder. My next stop is to try to just do a chug of the minimum 8 oz of liquid followed by a chaser of lemon water. Praise God for choices.

This is the thought that I have carried with me through the day:
"When the flesh is satisfied it is hard to pray with cheerfulness or to devote oneself to a life of service which calls for much self-renunciation" (Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship, New York: Macmillan Publ. Co., 1949, p. 189).

2 comments:

SK said...

So, what exactly is this paleo cleanse, and what is it supposed to clean out?

Is there anyone you can talk to who can explain the real benefits of this stuff to you? That might help get it down. Maybe. But, I agree, don't mess up good food with nasty cleanser!

SK said...

I forgot to ask, are you eating a bowl of quinoa as a cereal, or are you adding it to some other type of cereal?