Thursday, October 15, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 7


Coming to the end of week one. Someone on the introductory conference call said that one can do anything for 28 days. I feel like the timing of this was absolutely perfect for me. I have a couple of major challenges coming up. Saturday is our church's Octoberfest....complete with bratwurst, german potatoes, some yummy apple dessert and beer. I can walk past the beer and I guess I can eat the sauerkraut, but I can only have a taste of anything else, or not at all. I'm waiting til Saturday morning to make my final decision.

The next challenge (and prayer request) is a bit more formidable. I will be at a retreat October 26-28. Fortunately, we're staying in a building with a kitchen, so I can pack my stuff. I'll just have to be diligent to stay away from all the snacks that seem to pile up at such events. It is a Sabbath retreat, so the spiritual side of me will be getting significant nourishment.

I'm still battling a head cold or something??? Wondering if it is a result of the change in habits. Then I wonder if my body is working too hard in the direction of metabolism to fight the illness. Ahhhhhhh, I can do anything for 28 days and then I'll assess. I think there is a lot in this that I can continue on the journey toward making peace with food and God.

1 comment:

SK said...

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me..." :)