Monday, October 12, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 3+


So if you all that I was going to breeze thru this 28 days and tell you it is easy to stay this disciplined, you're wrong! In addition to the focus required, the body is working hard to adjust to this regimen. But what makes it easier is actually focusing on the important things. It is not lost on me that I am privileged to do a program like this. I am actually inducing hunger. So many in the world have no choice but to be hungry.

Yesterday I was previewing a video series called "Liberty and Justice For All" by Logos Productions. One of the presenters is the late Dr. M. Scott Peck of "The Road Less Traveled" fame. At one point he was talking about how the media has instilled in us that the goal in life is to be comfortable. He goes on to say that it is growth that he think is life's purpose. What was both maddening and laughable is that he is telling this to his interviewer (another white male) while they sit in comfy lawn furniture in a lush garden with a huge traditional white home showing in the background. Who is he to preach about comfort?! Who are any of us, for that matter?

Well, I digress, but it takes my mind of hunger and food and the head cold that is in its infancy. Whenever I change eating patterns, I get a cold. Oh well, all a part of the process.
God comforts the distressed and disquiets the comfortable!

No comments: