Monday, October 12, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 4


Well, today was a good day mostly. I had a brown rice dry cereal with unsweetened almond mild and truvia (brand name of stevia sweetener). I am a big cereal lover and was glad to find this alternative. It's filling. The shakes are boring but we get to mix them up with lots of fun things like frozen berries (low sugar fruit) or unsweetened cocoa. So, I had a chocolate shake with fiber boost and some almond milk. Yummy. Lunch was spinach and cage free eggs plus some berries. And lots and lots and lots of water. Did I mention lots of water.

The not good part is the nasty cold I have. It would be very easy for me to feed this misery. That's my normal pattern. I tend to eat healthy stuff, but often too much of a good thing. It's no wonder we Americans are overweight. Everywhere you turn someone is trying to get you to eat footlong Subways, large BBQ chicken pizzas piled with cheese, $6 burgers and so on. I think this is the reason that when I go to a French restaurant I'm more satisfied. Often the plates are small, but the flavors are rich and varietal. Possibly one of the tricks is to eat really good things. I'm discovering quinoa, lentils, fresh lean meats and lots and lots of veggies.
It could be worse.

My spirit is a bit low today. I helped the congregation say goodbye to one of our members today. This is two services in three days. One of our members asked me who pastors the pastor after one of these services. Very good and insightful question. I try to be balanced and keep my eye on self-care, but as the only pastor of a small church, it's harder than it sounds. All things are possible with God!

No comments: