Saturday, October 10, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 2

Got up and made a multi-grain cereal with some unsweetened almond milk. One of the funny things about this plan is that you have a thing called "Wake Up!" You're supposed to get up and drink some water and tea and maybe a fizzy tab. Are you kidding me?! Since I went to bed hungry, don't they realize that the first thing I want to do when I get up is eat!? Seriously.
However, the hunger makes me much more aware of my body.

I had a shake for lunch. For dinner was two out of three. Yummy turbot and some great starchy veggies from Trader Joe's. However, the salad was a big fail. I think that cooking these veggies is more the way to go for me. I like dressing. Plain and simple. But I'm not so crazy about salad, so eating veggies in other ways is okay with me.

Back to the body awareness: Yesterday I had a headache. Today no headache. Yesterday I was a bit light headed. Today less so. The new less than pleasing side effect is a really awful taste in my mouth. What is that about?

God awareness: Nothing much to report. I led a memorial service this morning. I was certainly aware of the presence of God and my openness to follow God's lead. It's like being in the zone.
I am going to go to bed, pray for strength and go to sleep with a realization that millions of God's children go to bed hungry.



2 comments:

SK said...

I frequently go to be hungry also, and also, it is by choice. I have struggled with my weight for years and as I get older, it seems that no matter what I do or how much I exercise, I just can't lose weight any more. I am very interested to see how this works for you, and not just from the physical side. I can certainly relate to the difficulty of disciplining ourselves when it is so easy to pop something in our mouths.

The Ambiguous Frog said...

Could you list which starchy veggies you are eating?