Sunday, October 18, 2009

28 Day Cleanse - Day 10

I'm already at day 10. I can't believe it. Last night was the Octoberfest at my church and it was a challenge, but I think I did as well as could be expected. No dessert, no bread, no beer with a taste of the potatoes, one brautwurst and some very low cal sauerkraut. I personally LOVE sauerkraut. I know I'm weird.

Today was a fabulous day but I was really hungry, the reason being that I went on the CROP walk today. Nearly 5 miles of walking when all was said and done. With having been sick and the like, I had not done a walk of that length in nearly 3 weeks. I was certainly feeling it. Still struggling with the cleansing product. The formula is supposed to clean out toxins in the liver and colon and such. I guess this is the part on which I'm not completely sold. However, if it was easy to drink, eat, etc, I would not complain and give it a shot. I got some herb stuff at Whole Foods that is supposed to do the same. One day at a time is my motto.

Tonight I sauteed some eggplant (grown in a church member's garden), had brown rice and sugar snap peas and canned salmon. It sounds gross, but it was tasty. I'm becoming a big fan of the one bowl meal. What is difficult is imagining what happens when the 28 days is over. I'm starting to eat differently, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. Portion sizes are and always have been the key. Diet and exercise. There is no magic formula. What is amazing is the lengths we will go to tell ourselves that there is something else that will do the trick. Silly people!

1 comment:

SK said...

I have always wondered if those cleansing products really did what they are supposed to do. I mean, how do you know, really, if your liver has been cleaned out? I guess I'm a bit skeptical, and it sounds like you are too! :)